Monday, March 2, 2015

Walking in the Snow

It has been a long time sense I have written so I'm going to try again.  There is so much going on but today I want to write about walking in the snow.  My friend Becky and I try to go walking on a regular basis and we share insights and thoughts and children and about everything.  This morning as we were walking I had read my scriptures about the woman who had the issue of blood and knew that if she touched the garment of the Savior she believed she would be healed.  There were a lot of people but the Savior knew what had happened because he said who touched me to his disciples.  They answered that there were so many people that it was impossible to tell but the Savior turned around and the woman came forth and told all how she was healed.  In our lives sometimes we just want something to happen and we don't want to tell everyone but I believe The Savior wanted her to share what had happened.  there are so many stories about Jesus going to others and He heals them but she had faith and tried to do it without others knowing.  Because of her faith and because the Savior had her share she was able to bless many lives.  so my question to myself is Do I have enough faith to touch the garment on the Savior and be healed? 
Becky thought as she was reading the scripture do we have His image in our countenance?  This lady is so good and I know that she does, but her insight was that it is so easy to look at others and judge ourselves by what they are doing.  She told me it was called pride.  I know that I have pride but it is easy to look at others and think oh, I do this better than someone else.  It gives me a false sense of security because they are better than me in other ways.   I need to get rid of my pride. 
As we were walking around the temple she said we should make a heart so we made one in the snow.
The snow was so beautiful it was so fun to walk.  In the light we could see the shadows of the snow and it kind of looked like bugs but it was so cool looking.  Then I took some pictures of the light in the snow.  I will try to attach the pictures.  What a fun day and full of food for thought for me.  I'm thankful for friends and family and all that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment