Peanut butter and jam. Peanut butter and jelly. Peanut butter and honey. Peanut butter and banana. Peanut butter and oreos. Peanut butter and apples. Reeses Pieces! Anything along those lines. . . but now I have a new one!
Peanut butter and . . . PICKLES!!!!
If you have never tried a peanut butter and pickle sandwich, you aren't alone. If you think it sounds absolutely disgusting, you are also not alone!
I first heard of it from my roommate last year. As I watched her make one I thought, "There is no way I will ever try that; those are two things that are absolutely never supposed to go together!"
Over the summer I went on a blind date. The boy called me tell me what exactly we were doing and ask me what I wanted for our picnic lunch. I told him I didn't care and I wasn't really picky. His reply, "Ok. How about peanut butter and pickle sandwiches?" (At that point, I think something on the inside of me died!) "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" Luckily, somehow I talked him out of it!
Eventually, I moved to Provo for the summer and met my wonderful roommate Kylie. Kylie has a love for life and an enthusiasm in everything she does! I absolutely love her! Well, we discovered that we had a lot in common. One night we were talking about how much we both loved peanut butter. Well, all the sudden I had a sneaking suspicion that she was one of those crazy people that liked peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. I turned to her and said, "Kylie, have you ever tried a peanut butter and pickle sandwich?" Her eyes turned into saucers, and she just started screaming! I thought at that point she was going to jump out of her wheelchair and start jumping up and down! She thought she had found someone that shared her love of peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. Unfortunately I had to break it to her that I had actually never dared try the bizarre combination. I told her someday I would try it, but I just didn't know when that day would come!
Well, last Saturday that day came! I made a sandwich (actually I only made a half...) I figured that was more than I could probably handle!
I took a deep breath, then a big bite. . .
Suprisingly, it wasn't bad! I'm not going to say it was the best sandwich I have ever had (the best would probably be peanut butter, honey, and banana), but it was really not bad at all! I might even potentially make another one some day in the future.
Moral of the story: There are somethings that you just gotta give a chance! :)
Di can I just say how cute you are. No I don't think you will convert me to peanut better and Pickles but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Ha ah
ReplyDeleteI don't think I could go for peanut butter and pickle, but my husband grew up with peanut butter and tomato (sprinkled with salt and pepper) and it's not as bad as I thought it'd be either- maybe one more you should try!
ReplyDelete