Saturday, October 2, 2010
Family History
I'm trying to get busy on the Family History that the Stake Presidency has challenged us to do. Several yeas ago My Aunt Shirley and I worked on it and it was incredible how things would just fall into place and I could get to LSalt Lake on a day that worked for her. I felt that information was there just waiting for us to do. Now as I look at the new Family search we are missing some information or there are families that are not connected. I have this wonderful old book that Aunt Shirley gave to me that has a list of families that were in switzerland and Ella Berger Wursten paid someone from there to find this history and then she has worked on doing the history and making sure everything is done. I look at this book and it has taken me a few days just to figure out how the names are connected. She also gave me a stack on histories and family group sheets. I went to the Center only to be told I need a road map so I know where I'm going, or a pedigree and family groups so I can see wht needs to be done. I have randomly just typed in names but then I can't keep track of who Ihave done and who I haven't. I feel a bit overwhelmed but the Stake Presidency has promised us that we will be blessed if we do this and I know we will. I guess I'll take it one step at a time and get it done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment