As most of you know I had the wonderful opportunity of going to EFY while Lisa and Diana were in Disneyland having their amazing adventures. (Read previous post). So at Efy everyone has their ups and downs especially with boys, there are the amazingly cute boys that everyone is in love with and there are those annoying boys that have the crush on you and will not leave you alone. I got stuck with the most annoying one of all I beleive. We have two dances one on Tuesday night and one on Friday night. Okay glad we got all of that cleared now we will start from the beggining.
Monday, (the most boring day out of them all)
I get up at 5 o'clock because I had to be ready to go by 6 because I was riding up with my father. So I was all ready to go and then we had to wait for Ben's friends to get here, they finally showed up and we left about 6:15. It was the most dreadful ride up north I have ever had I believe because the boys in the back would not be quiet and if there was any silence at all Josh made sure he took care of that. I wasn't sure they were even going to make it to EFY because I was personally going to go back there and shoot them all because they were so annoying.
SO we finally arrive to our destination and play a game of Skip-bo which T.R. won by like the whole entire pile. Then it is 11 o'clock before we know it, it time to go to the institute where EFY is held. we get there and figure out that we were 45 mins. early. So we sit there forever and then they tell us we have to get our temperatures taken because of swine flu. (I didn't know anyone even cared about swine flu anymore, when we were being escorted we couldn't even link arms because of that we just had to touch elbows or hold the boys' lanyard. DUMB I know.) Then we had to wait for everyone else to get there, then we finally got going and it was a blast the rest of the day. We had FHE and we played this way fun game call ant hill or something IDK but it was fun. And we got to know everyone, so that was our get out of our shell meet new people day.
Tuesday.
Tuesday we went to a bunch of classes and learned all of these cool things, then that night we had a dance, it was way fun I danced with a bunch of new people I had never even seen so it was cool.
After the dance we had our closing prayer and this random kid his name was Parker came up to me and was like, "I really wanted to dance with you but everytime I went over to ask you, you were already taken."
(okay so what do you want me to say back to that? sorry too bad you're not cuter then I would have come over and asked you? IDK) While thinking this I thought I kindly responded, "I'm sorry there's always Friday right there's a dance then too."
Then him thinking he hadn't said enough said, " You seem very nice."
Me, "Thank you" (again what do you want me to say?)
So that was the adventure of Tuesday.
Wednesday
Trying to stay awake through more classes we had because Jesse (my cousin) talked to me until 1:30 AM. But the classes were very good. :D
That night was game night and we had to be escorted to this park like a mile away and I kinda had two escorts because this one kid asked me if i would be his escort and so I was his escort then this other guy named Jeremy just kinda stuck around with us because he didn't have an escort and as we were walking to this park my escort (Nate) kept like walking closer to me and so I would scoot over a little more so before we knew it Jeremy was in the middle of the road (Jeremy is the cuter one I think Nate was just a little mentally challenged) so Jeremy would be like, "um.. guys will you scoot back over to the side so I'm not in the middle of the road." and we of course would scoot over and feel bad but it would happen again. OOPS! :D so we finally got there after talking about every movie Nate likes and what books he has read. So we go and have a spactacular time besides almost dying of thirst because it felt like 100 d. outside and we were running around.
We were all ready to go so our counseler told us because it was dark with our escorts we could link our arms. So Jeremy asked me to be his escort and I told him I was sorry for making him walk in the middle of the road the whole time and I told him how Nate kept scooting closer to me, and he told me that was fine and that he was sorry he wasn't closer to the side because there was a puddle of water even though he was like right there. IDK boys are silly. So here we are walking along and he runs into a garbage can and so here I am feeling terrible and then he runs into another one and before I know it a parked car. So I felt bad, maybe i was doing the same thing to him Nate was doing to me walking closer to him I don't know. :l
Thurday
Was the over all spiritually day and that as good we all learned a lot, we had testimony and like everyone in our group bore their testimony. it was amazing. :D
Friday
We went to more classes then we had another dance that night, and you all remember Parker right? Yeah, I danced with him and he was a chatter box
P: I finally got to dance with you! so what lakes do you know of?
H:Lakes??
P: Yeah like what lakes do you know of?
H:Are you serious?
P: yeah.
H: oh wow, if I told you all of the lakes I knew of I'm pretty sure we would be here all night and I'm not sure I want to be here all night telling you what lakes i know of.
P: ha ha yeah same here. So what are your hobbies?
H: well I love spending time with my family and listening to my grandma tell me stories. :D
P: Oh that's cool but what are your hobbies?
H: I like to spend time with my family.
P: What are you hobbies??
H: I like to spend time with my family and play the piano.
P: OH Playing the piano that's a good hobby!
song ends
H: well thank you for the dance.
run off.
15 MINS later.
P: will you dance with me?
H:sure.
P: so do you like to camp?
H: When I'm in the mood yeah.
P: oh how many times have you camped this summer?
H: well I haven't really hardly at all this summer.
P: WHAT???? YOU HAVEN'T BEEN CAMPING THIS SUMMER?
H: no, not really we've been up the canyon a couple of times but we haven't really spent the night up there.
P: Wow okay.
that went on for a while then the dance finally ended.. thankfully!
Then it was a girls' choice dance and I went and asked Jeremy.
H: will you dance with me.
J: Sure.
dance for a while.
J: k now what?
H: IDK you're leading.
J: okay how do you a dip?
H: oh shoot I don't know guys just do it you kinda go like this.
We are trying it as I'm trying to explain.
H: AH!!
as he almost drops me! then we decide to just kinda dance normal for the rest of the dance.
Then I was just kinda chilin' with my cousin and it was like the last dance and this kid comes up and was like, "Um... Hold on." So he runs out into the hall and gets these two boys that are getting a drink and makes them ask us and he goes and askes another girl who wasn't dancing. :D lol it was halarious. I was the lucky one who got to dance with Jeremy. :D
J: will you dance with me?
H: sure.
J: should we try a dip again?
H: umm... as long as you don't drop me.
J: okay
H: AH!
as he almost drops me again. it was quite an adventure but was so fun!
EFY was a blast I got to meet new friends and have the time of my life! :D
P.S. sorry it's like a week late. :D
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Fun Stories Hannah! I especially love the question about lakes you know of. Poor guy trying so hard to impress the cute girl and just doesn't know what to say! LOL. Glad you had fun.
ReplyDelete