Sunday, June 24, 2012

Harry

It was about Sat. June 3, 2012, (I believe) I had gone to the Temple that morning and I was at the Stake Center and we were just finishing the casting for the pageant, when my phone rang.  It was a number that I didn't know.  I went out of the room to answer it and there was a man whose voice that I didn'tareconize.  The man said he was down at the armory and that 2 of my daughters had been in a tractor accident.   He said that they were fine.  I asked where they were and he replied they were at the armory.  I said I would be there momentarily.  I grabbed my stuff and didn't explain where I was going.  I ran to the car and sense I haven't been at that church that many times I turned the wrong corner (it may have been stress also) I called Lynn and told him that Laura and Rebeckah had been in an accident. I knew which girls it was without being told.  When I arrived at the armory, the people gathered around saw me coming and everyone moved out of the way.  When I saw Laura she just burst into tears.  I gave her a hug and told her it was OK but it was OK.  Laura and Beckah were all right.  I was so thankful that I didn't know how bad the accident was until I got there and could see them.  I think Laura was trying to park the tractor and it wouldn't stop.  I don't know if it was a lack of experience or what caused it.  She tried to stop at the curb and it climbed the curb and then the tree and then it flipped back on her.  It immediately started on fire. I think both girls were pinned under the tractor. Laura said she started screaming and she didn't know that the tractor had started on fire. Rebeckah said she could see the flames !!  Laura was more in the flames but I don't think she had any burns on her.  The ambulance was there and Laura kept complaining about her arm.  They were going to load them both in the same ambulance but Rebeckah wouldn't let me leave her.  Laura looked at me and said "Mom it's OK, go with Rebeckah".  Rich Olsen was a person on the ambulance crew and it was comforting that he was there to talk to take care of Laura.  I felt so torn Laura was in more pain but Rebeckah was so scared and I couldn't be with both of them.  I called Rachel after we got to the hospital and she came to help me take them of them  Laura ended up breaking her arm but it wasn't a bad break in that they had to put a wrap on it. One to hold her arm in place and the other to hold it to her body.  Rebeckah had a couple of small burns on her toes and one on her knee and scraped her toes a bit.  They were mostly scared but I know that we had angels helping seen and unseen.  I'm thankful to a Heavenly Father who allowed this to happen at a time and place when these National Guard were there practicing and were there to be able to see what needed to be done and the ability.  Jason Fowles was able to raise the tractor basically by him so that someoneI'm not sure who it was  could pull the girls out.   There were people all along the way to guide and protect them.    Thanks so much to everyone who helped my daughters.  Thanks for your willingness and abilities.  I know our Heavenly Father knows us and loves!!! I'm Thankful for all the Angels who helped take care of my Daughters that Day!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so grateful for happy endings. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete