Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas, Dec 25,2011

What a wonderful day to be able to celebrate Christmas on Sunday. I felt at church we had more of the Christmas Spirit. It was so wonderful.

We were busy as usual Sat night and I told the children we wouldn't open presents until after Sacrament meeting. They were fine with it. We finally had all the children to bed about 11:30. I could have gone to bed myself but we all know how that is. Lynn had a trap set up in the back yard it was a big wooden box on a tilt so that when the reindeer went under to get the reindeer food it would fall on them and then Lynn could run out and get them. Then Lynn finally went to bed he was just falling asleep when he heard Santa in the kitchen eating the cookies. Santa had time to answer a little bit of the letter this is what he wrote.
Dear Kids, Laura is a darn good cookie Maker. but two tiny little cookies? Let me guess.... you left thecookies unattended with a hungry Dad! He is a smartie pants, and I'm not one bit afraid of his traps!!! Especially since he is fast aslee..... AHHH! Help! He's after me!

We heard bells jingling down the hall and Lynn running after Santa and a lot of commotion. The children came out to see what was going on so since we were all up we had Christmas last night. What a Chirstmas!

The children make Christmas. It was so fun to watch Matthew and Rebeckah this year. They are still at the innocent stage and when Lynn was teasing Matthew about catching Santa it was just precious. Matthew finaly looked at Lynn and said, "Dad it's Christmas and you have to be nice to people on Christmas. Remember we're suppose to remember Jesus and that he was born.
We have been so blessed this time of year. We had a little miracle happen. It doesn't matter what it is but I know Lynn's sister has been praying for this for a while. When we told her what had happened she just said that is what she had been praying for this year for Christmas. I so appreciate her faith and her prayers. I know that when we rely on the Lord and when we have others pray miracles happen.
More pictures to come!!!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a lot of fun. I guess Santa got away again. So fun. I'm glad you had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete