Monday, June 6, 2011

Jake

Jake has been living with us for a while now and He is such a good kid. Everyone thinks of him as the older brother. He just fits in and they all act like brothers and sisters. They are so fun to watch each other. Jake was pretty discouraged this week. I texted him Friday night just to check on him because he seemed down. I said "I know you're ok, but are you really ok? His answer was "Yes, Thanks I'm fine. I wrote back It will be ok. and we love you. His answer was "Thanks, I love you too. This made my day. I have grown to love Jake like my own sons and to have him tell me He loved me also was an important moment in my life.
Sunday Didn't get a lot better for Jake.As we talked Sunday night Jake said something like he didn't feel very blessed and I said Yes you are. he said You're right I'm really blessed. Then of course he had my interest so I asked him what his blessings were. He said My greatest blessing is to have lived here for the past while and to see what a happy family is like. That was the greatest compliment He could have ever our family. I know that my children have done so much for him and reached out to him but he has taught us a lot also. But I'm so thankful for the love we have in our home and to have had Jake here with us. We are Truly Blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment