Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Little Things make Christmas

It's the Little things that count. I love to have Christmas decorations. I love the feeling of Christmas time!! This time of the year, is a time when I am trying harder to be a better person and trying toreach out to others. As I dropped Rebeckah off this morning at preschool there was another little girl that was coming up The preschoolers were scheduled to go on a field trip today and they were asked to bring a dollar. Apparently this little girl had forgotten or lost her dollar and she was just sad and crying because she felt she had failed in not bringing her dollar. The teacher went down to see what the matter was and carefully slipped a dollar in her pocket without her realizing and then told her to check her pocket just in case she had missed it. When she pulled out the dollar she was so happy.
I have seen this happen many times in my life. When I am faithful and keep the commandments things happen that I can't explain. Like paying tithng and fast offering. We wonder how we will make it to the end of the month sometimes or how we will survive but yet when we put the Lord first he will take care of us. We don't know how and sometimes we can't explain how our prayers are answered but we will survive until the end of the month or until the next pay check comes. Just like this little girl was comforted because she found her dollar in the pocket the Lord blesses us and comforts us and answers our prayers in many of the same ways.

1 comment: