Friday, November 19, 2010

It will be OK!

"True Doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior" Boyd K. Packer
I find myself saying a lot lately that "Everything will be OK. Life has a way of not knowing what is around the next corner. And I believe that sometimes we are thankful that we don't know what is coming because knowing the future would scare us to death. We have revelation that helps us to know more so that we can prepare but to acutally know what will happen before it happens... we wouldn't live by faith.
In the last few weeks, I have talked with many people who have many struggles. Some of them are simple and some are more complex. I don't know that the complexity of the problem is the issue. Sometimes looking at the problem when we are in the middle of it, it seems over whelming, but if we can look at it from a different angle it is sometimes easier to know how to handle it. There are times when there doesn't seem to be an answer and we just have to go forward with faith. I think going forward with faith is the hardest because you don't know how it will turn out and even though we know that Heavenly Fahter is in charge of our lives sometimes we don't want to turn our lives over to him. We lack the faith that it takes. When I feel overwhelmed, I try to say my prayers and do the best I can each day. I read my scriptures, say my prayers, try to make the best of everything, be the best I can be and Then I pray that the Lord will let me know in the time and place what I should say or do or whatever. And sometimes all I can say is "It will be OK"

1 comment:

  1. I find myself saying, "Everything will work out" quite often. And guess what, it does. we do our part and come what may, we just love it.

    ReplyDelete