So for my College English class we were given this terrible assignment. . . Anyone who knows me knows how deep my love for animals runs. :) So you can imagine how I felt when I read the assignment: Write a piece in which you speculate about what your pet dreams. Well I grumbled about it a little until I got some suggestions from my family (Mostly Rachel) of how to make it work. So here is the end result . . .
As I look at Rollie (my dog): lying on its back, fast asleep, with all four legs sticking straight up in the air, sometimes I thing it must be dead. But, invariably, it will twitch, start to scratch at something, or growl. It is then that I wonder what my stupid dog is dreaming about. . .
When it whimpers and tries unsuccessfully to run, I am sure it is dreaming about me--heavily armed with the monstrous vacuum. In it's dream it is trying to run away, but I have it cornered, and it isn't going anywhere!
When it barks and growls, I imagine it is planning for the next day when the mail-lady comes. Rollie is gonna show her who's boss!
When it gives a contented grunt, I am sure it is reminiscing about those four or five times in history when someone has made a little extra effort to pet her and make her feel special. (It doesn't happen often, so when it does Rollie eats it all up.)
When she sleeps, my dog is fascinating, but that is about the only time I pay attention to her. . . unless of course I am using my awesome vacuum!
-Diana-
When it whimpers and tries unsuccessfully to run, I am sure it is dreaming about me--heavily armed with the monstrous vacuum. In it's dream it is trying to run away, but I have it cornered, and it isn't going anywhere!
When it barks and growls, I imagine it is planning for the next day when the mail-lady comes. Rollie is gonna show her who's boss!
When it gives a contented grunt, I am sure it is reminiscing about those four or five times in history when someone has made a little extra effort to pet her and make her feel special. (It doesn't happen often, so when it does Rollie eats it all up.)
When she sleeps, my dog is fascinating, but that is about the only time I pay attention to her. . . unless of course I am using my awesome vacuum!
-Diana-
I think that was Diana!! That's FUNNY!!! But A tip and I think I said this before, But if you could just sign your name at the bottom of each post then we could know exactly who's writing. Thanks!!
ReplyDelete